"The CCC gives kids the childhood they deserve, not just so they can survive but so they can thrive." Darell Hammond
Catalyst Award Winners for Program Year 2016-2017
Congratulations to our Catalyst Award Winners:
Daenalynn Christina Sabol, Norwich Tech
Katie Pescatello, Norwich Tech
Madison Moore, Norwich Free Academy
Michelle Deutsch, Norwich Free Academy
A ceremony to present the Catalyst Awards will be held on May 31, 2017.
Looking Ahead in 2017-2018
CCC Presents "How Social Media and Diversity Affects Our Lives"
CCC's 2017-2018 Intergenerational Conference is taking shape! We hope to see you in the fall of 2017 - stay tuned for date, location, speakers, and more!
15 Things To Do with Kids in New London County, courtesy of Mommy Poppins
1) Visit the Children's Museum of Southeastern Connecticut in beautiful Niantic.
2) Head over to Mystic for a great nature hike at the Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center and learn about local wildlife in their natural history museum.
3) Pick your own fruit at Scott's Yankee Farmer in East Lyme.
4) Cool off in Colchester at the Recreation Complex's Splash Pad.
5) Experience the first nuclear powered submarine at the Submarine Force Museum in Groton.
6) Take a self-guided tour at the Connecticut College Arboretum in New London.
7) For an artful experience, visit the Florence Griswold Museum in Old Lyme.
8) Camp by the beach at Rocky Neck State Park in East Lyme.
9) Take a day trip on a ship with Mystic Whaler Cruises in New London (ages 5 and up).
10) Learn about native and natural history at the Mashantucket Pequot Museum and Research Center.
11) Enjoy a morning at the beach at McCook Point Park and an afternoon on Main Street in Niantic.
12) Explore the "last remaining significant piece of land along the Connecticut coastline" at Bluff Point State Park in Groton.
13) Observe an authentic water-powered sash sawmill in Ledyard.
14) For the history buff, head to Fort Trumbull in New London and...
15) Fort Griswold Battlefield State Park in Groton.